Tuesday, June 2, 2009

16 years ago today

At about lunch time this gorgeous bundle of chubby red headedness came into our lives. Still shell shocked from the birth of our first daughter 11 months almost to the day earlier we welcomed her tiredly but with no less joy than our first.





What a joy of a child she has been, easy going and loving and intelligent, not to mention funny and cute. Growing from a chubby bespectacled little girl into a beautiful young woman.














Where has the time flown too, we all cry as our children grow up and surpass us in cleverness, talent and beauty ( as they should). It's an ache and a joy as we try to hold on, knowing it is actually time to let go and let them begin to make their way in this world.It has been so much fun, I have loved almost every minute of it. Would I change anything?? For sure, I would change ME but actually that seems to have been your first task in this world and I thank you for it.








Happy Birthday Mikayla Grace. We are so proud of you! We adore and love you more than you will ever know.




All my love xxx



























1 comment:

skatey katie said...

well i am bursting into tears and the hormones should be in alignment this week.
my memories of you are mostly beautiful rounded toddler - you and B in dresses - playing in the sandpit and mummy managing to make me a lasagne and bring it over for tea.
and daddy arriving on his motorbike with long hair.
woah, kinda takes me back quite a long way really.
happy birthday, sweet sixteen.
seven kisses from us
x x x x x x x