Sunday, December 21, 2008

Quick, easy and cheap last minute gift idea.



After a recent melt down by one of my teens, I thought that it would be a good idea if we had journals to note down the things that we are grateful for. (Not a new idea I know) So this afternoon I altered these hard cover school note books. Because it was a last minute kind of thing I have kept them pretty simple. I have used fabric and paper scraps and bits and pieces I had around the place. I hope the girls will write in them at the end of the day and in the process learn to be more aware and thankful for all they have. I think I better make myself one too!!
SO for 70 cents, a few scraps and a bit of time you have a cute little last minute gift.

Have a very happy and thankful Christmas

Kate

4 comments:

skatey katie said...

*grate* idea kate!!!!!!!!
seriously, i am all about the *counting our blessings* buzz.
wishing you all many GREATful moments X

Nicki said...

What a great idea!!! Might have to make some of these journals.

Penny said...

Meri Kirihimete! Lovely journals :)

Sonya said...

Lovely idea Kate. Thanks for shareing. I may just have to make myself one of those for the new year!!