Monday, February 2, 2009

Days to remember.

31st of January and 1st of February are significant dates for our family as it is the anniversary of our car accident. It's 7 years ago now and life is good but this time of year always will be tinged with sadness for me.

It is however my mothers birthday today. Happy birthday Mum. I love you!!! Here she is looking beautiful.





My husband also starts a new job. It is in Auckland so we will see less of him but he is excited about this job so that is all good. Hope his first day is fantastic.


Also my little girl went to high school today. She was very excited and a little bit nervous. I was excited and a little bit anxious as I always am sending her into new environments. My youngest had her first day too and is off to year 2. She was just plain excited and jumped out of my bed ( hmmm yes...hubby replaced pretty quickly by little wriggly girl) and got dressed and ready in quick smart time.

Thinking of you Kate and your kids all off to school for the first time. Hugs and kisses to you!!!





So February is well and truly under way. There will be a new challenge up at Scrap the Girls tomorrow. The entries for January are fabulous so hard to pick my top three.
Also Scrappin' Patch has some great challenges for Waitangi Day planned. Sneak peeks are going up in the forum this week to get you curious!! Here's a sneak peek of my challenge...





Have a great back to school week. Make sure you set aside some ME time and do some scrap booking this weekend.

Time for me to get my house in order.

Laters

Kate x x x

3 comments:

skatey katie said...

kate - wow - it's hard to believe that seven years have passed since that day - i am still so blown away by brylee's resiliance and all around bubbliness - i'm also so blown away at the specialness you two share - and of course you are feeling jittery for her, but she will take it all in her stride - and swim strongly in the current.

and wow - lots of changes at your place too huh (have to mention that i am giggling at the wiggles work this year - remember that day at ohope - i threw away the wiggles undies after that lol. hope merlin has an awesome year. you guys are due for some freaking awesomeness, for sure.)

wishing all your girls a wonderful start to the skool year - fabulous friendships and great teachers and a beautiful adventure.

and i'm looking forward to seeing your next art work - loving your scrappy buzz.
mwah X

Sandra said...

Hey Kate...how spooky. We have never talked dates but Feb 1st is the anniversary of us losing Olly...5 years ago yesterday.
I hope all the 'new things' in your family go well. I'm enjoying visiting your blog and seeing your scrapbooking work :-)

Tracy L said...

Hugs to you and your family, Kate. Hope the girls all had a great time at school.