Sunday, January 18, 2009

Orange and black and 52 Questions..

Scrappin Patch is half way through their first fortnightly challenge for this year. The challenge set by Beverley is to create a lay out using the colours of the Scrappin' Patch forum. Go on over and take a look and give it a go. I wasn't sure about the colours at first, then I saw Heidi's gorgeous orange and black lay out and thought, orange hmmm Basic Grey.... I can do that. So I decided I would give it a go and here is my effort. Thanks Heidi for the inspiration.








I have also decided to take part in Emily Falconbridge's 52 Q.

I have made a little folder for the cards to go in and just have to make two cards to catch up with the questions. Will post when done. The fronts anyway perhaps not the backs with the answers on them.

Here's another lay out I haven't put here yet. Another wedding one. I used a small piece of fabric that my wedding dress was made from. My mother made my dress and it was rather gorgeous. She did a good job making it from a sketch!!! However sadly it was stolen from my home not long after we were married so photos and a few fabric scraps are all I have left of it. I thought it didn't really matter but now my girls are getting older they wish I still had it so they could see it in real life.








Oh and this lay out is the one I origianlly did for the January Scrap the Girls challenge. However I had a hiccup with the photos so I didn't finish it time. I did however use this lay out and the one above for my article about fabric for Scrap Tech Tuesday over at Scrappin' Patch.






So what with my hubby away in Malaysia, having visitors non stop since 29th of December, and going back to work, I haven't done too badly. I have managed to squeeze some scrap booking in and complete the things I needed to by their respective deadlines. So what I need to do now is get off here and get to work on my challenge for Scrappin' Patch and my 52Q cards. Oh and maybe some magazine submissions coz you never know your luck.

Kate x x x

8 comments:

Vicki said...

Just gorgeous layouts Kate and looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the 52 Questions.

Anonymous said...

Loooove those LO's Kate! The "cousins" LO is my favourite, it's so striking!!!

Check my blog... There's an award for you there!

:)

Hannah said...

Gorgeous layouts, Kate! I love the first one with the orange, and the last one is so pretty - love the flowers and lace!

Sonya said...

Well done squeezing in some scrapping time. I also have had a very busy house and am counting down the days until school goes back so I can do some 'Me' stuff!!
Love your scrap pages, isn't it fun sometimes to go out of your comfort zone and scrap colors that you normally wouldn't.

skatey katie said...

oh my gosh!
merlin, you old rocker!!!!!
love the wedding photos, have always loved and adored your hair kate.
and you have my favourite pearly quote too!!!!!!!
you almost persuade me to try scrapbooking myself -
gorgeous.
you are such an artiste, babe.
mwah X
PS do you cook escargots? or is there a local french restaurant? or are you talking about fossicking for them in your famous veggie garden? X

Nicki said...

Loving your pages Kate - nice to say hello at the pools on Friday!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the layouts Kate, AWESOME..... I have nominated you with a LOVELY BLOG AWARD - check out my blog for the details

Tracy L said...

Wow, Kate, I love your style, all of your layouts are gorgeous! Such a shame about your wedding dress.